1. Women are three times more likely than men to experience Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders? And yet we only think of PTSD as affecting male war veterans ?
2. Did you know that trauma patterns can present very differently in women and there are links between our menstrual cycles and these patterns?
3. Did you know that cultural and systemic trauma can have similar levels of effects in the body as being in a violent war zone?
4. Did you know that early childhood experiences impact the risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue?
5. Did you know that early childhood experiences can reduce your life expectancy by up to 20 years?
6. Did you know that there are many areas of overlap between complex PTSD and attention (ADHD)?
7. Did you know that adult women get routinely misdiagnosed or undiagnosed in ADHD/C-PTSD because we mask it or it gets normalized in the culture?
8. Many healing approaches to treating complex trauma, like some kinds of meditative practices can accidentally re-traumatize or lead to further dissociation.
9. Nervous system-based, early attachment-based approaches can be very effective in helping change complex trauma patterns.